There's allot of text underneath this, so I honestly don't blame anyone if they don't read any of it, but I like to write and toss around my thoughts, so I figured why not and maybe someone will be really really bored one day and read a few things. If anything, I hope Mordeth gives the "M13's Winding Roads of the World" idea a once-over, because if he doesn't use it, I might have to give it a shot.TOPICS/QUESTIONS
1) Your plans/end-game for M13's Two Wheel Adventure Tours: I see the site (nice, btw) and I saw some merchandise (keychains), so it appears to be going well (congrats). I'm just curious as to how big you want it to get, if it's your retirement plan or if it's simply a means to another agenda?
2) From what I've seen, you go out for a weekend; hit record and then splice up the video into segments for YouTube and what not, but I'm curious if you also use these videos as a "diary" for your son? For example, do you have some secret file with videos specifically made for your son to see later in the event you pass away or when he leaves the nest?
3) I think it was Chris Rock who said: you haven't really been in love if you never plotted how to get away with murder, because only love can bring you to such a point. Have you ever plotted the murder of your wife and if so, how did the plan go? I just want to clarify that I don't think you would actually do it... I just get the feeling you would have no problem using it as a topic lol.
4) This one is kind of weird, but you once discussed an experience with deja'vu. The funny thing is that I have had similar experiences, as have some of my friends. Isn't it weird how so many have experienced these glimpses into the future and yet it almost seems like it's irrelevant? Like it's equivalent to sharing the same last name or something: "Oh, you saw a piece of your future too? Small world. Anyways, did you see what happened at the game last night"
? Just bugs me, is all.
5) Referring to how much people know (or at least, think they know) about your personal life, is it maddening or is it more of a relief, knowing that your fans accept your personality ahead of time, in case you ever meet in person? Allot of times, social encounters are awkward because people are afraid they won't be accepted if they reveal too much about themselves too soon, but you seem pretty open on the videos. I mainly ask because of the "Tour Videos" you posted: I wondered if it was awkward.
6) Plans for merchandise? I draw fairly well, but I am flakey when given actual jobs lol. However, there's a guy on DeviantArt that I think has a great style that fits you. His name is Jeffery "Chamba" Cruz and he lives in Australia, so maybe you could work something out: Tour Discount for some T-Shirt artwork or something. Just tossing that out there
But seriously, do you get allot of fans offering their services to help out your business endeavours?IDEA - M13's Winding Roads of the World:
Ever think of having your fans make videos of the local twisty roads in their area? You could do it by region or what ever. Make a forum for it, provide people with the link so they can post it in the forum and have your top administrators judge which ones are the best or something. Topics of discussion are always good, but sometimes it good to be interactive and give your fans something to do. I know it's gotta be tough, constantly trying to think of shit to talk about or things to do to keep it fresh. Might get more fans registering to the site while pulling-in viewers.
Think of it as a pyramid scheme: Your fans make vids called "M13 Twisties", the people watching their channel wonder who M13 is and so on. Same thing with people trying to find local twisties in their neck of woods.
Plus, I think it would just be cool to have a collection of the world's best winding roads on your site lol. You'd have to have a criteria to meet: like the road has to be certain length or something, otherwise everyone would just post a video of that one road by the Wal-Mart that has a few turns in it.